This recipe has an asian flare and is my go to; I make some variation of it regularly. It’s fantastic served over greens or kelp noodles, or rolled up in a paleo wrap. The possibilities are endless!
- 4-5 medium napa cabbage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 T raw cashews, chopped
- 1/2 small avocado, chopped (optional)
- 1 T sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/4 c Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 c Olive Oil
- 2T Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2T Coconut Nectar
- 1T Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 1T ginger, grated
- Make dressing: combine sauce ingredients into a small jar, cover and shake well
- Combine cabbage, carrot, scallion and cilantro into a large bowl and add 3/4 of the sauce, stir well. This can be prepared in advance and stored in fridge.
- Just before serving, place chicken, avocado, and cashews on top of vegetable mix and drizzle remaining sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over greens or kelp noodles, or make a wrap sandwich
Out of napa cabbage? Use regular green cabbage or bok choy
- No scallions? throw in a couple tablespoons of minced red onion
- Rather than chopping the chicken, slice up a chicken breast and lay it across the top
- Dressing keeps well in the fridge for a week and also works well in stir fry or as a green salad dressing.