This is my favorite sausage, it has a mild but rich flavor. I make a double batch and freeze leftovers for convenience. They are great aource of protein with any meal or as a snack.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 t fennel seeds
- 1/2 T fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1/2 T sea salt
- Spread fennel seeds on a baking tray and toast at 350 degrees for a few minutes, until aroma is released. Grind toasted seeds coarsely with pestle and mortar.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl with hands, do not overwork (or sausage will be tough)
- Form small balls and then flatten into patties; makes 9 to 10 2″ rounds.
- Place patties on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.